Suman Paul (b.1984) is a documentary photographer. Suman started photography in a subconscious mind. Day by day became enthusiastic and decided to document human lifestyle in and around his birth place, Chittagong, Bangladesh. He has completed his graduation in photography from Pathshala, South Asian Media Institute, and in due course, he has done documentary on Autism, Disable personalities. Now his ongoing project is on Mental patients.
Suman started documenting on fishermen lifestyle. Besides He works on the moments of people and life in this busy terminal in Buriganga and Sufi Dance in Al Tanoura Troupe in Cairo, Egypt.
From the beginning he tries to address is subject in a unique look which will represent their actual life.
- “La Bangladesh a Paris” at Paris, France and Bangladesh in 2012.
- The 7th Emirates photography competition in 2012.
- The 6th Emirates photography competition in 2011.
- UCB-BPS 9th National Photography Competition and Exhibition 2010.
- 2nd SPS National Photography Competition 2010.
- Chittagong Lifelines of a City in 2010.
- People and Planet Photography Competition at Australia in 2009
PRINT AND PUBLICATIONS
- National and International newspaper publications- The Daily Star, Reuters and AP.
- The Performance award in 7th Humanity Photo Awards in China in 2013.
- The documentary award in the 6th Humanity Photo Awards in China in 2011
- Honorable Mention in 2nd SPS National Photography competition in 2010
- Third Prize in Imaging Bangladesh organized by maati in 2008.
MENTORS AND WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- Reportage project by Philip Blenkinsop, Max Palm and Stuart Freedman
- Multimedia workshop by D J Clark.
- Photography aesthetics by Morten Krogvold.
- Popularizing Health in Popular Media: “Meeting The Expert” by Prof. Barbara Gastel in 2011
- Abir Abdullah and Munem Wasif, ‘Storytelling’, 2011
- Society for Social Service in Tangail, 2012
- Save The Children, 2011